Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu Biography, Age, Husband, Career & Net Worth. Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu is a South African politician, business woman, disability rights activist, gender activist, HIV & AIDS activist and motivational speaker. She serves on the National Executive as the Deputy Minister of Social Development.
Bogopane-Zulu is one the two leaders in the current administration with disability. The other person being Michael Masutha. She has previously served as Deputy Minister of Public Works and Women, Children and Persons with Disability.
Table of Contents
Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu Education
Bogopane-Zulu attended the Filadelfia Secondary School in Soshanguve, north of Pretoria. It is a school for the visually disabled, hearing impaired, and physically challenged students.
She was raped by aember of staff when she was in grade 8 and eventually got pregnant. The school ended up expelling her despite having reported the case severally to the authorities.
Bogopane-Zulu holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Central Nicaragua an MBA and Honorary Doctorate from Azteca University.
She has diplomas in Word Processing from Optima College, in Public Relations from Technikon Pretoria, Postgraduate studies in Communications from the University of Pretoria, Diplomas in Leadership Communication from Rhodes University and in Business and Government Studies from Woburn Business School.
She also has certificates in Microcomputer, Practical journalism, Organisation Development, Leadership Development, and Direct Marketing and Creative Writing.
Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu Husband
Bogopane-Zulu is visually impaired and married with three girls, to Simon Zulu. Two of her children are also visually impaired.
Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu Career
Bogopane-Zulu began working for the Disabled Peoples South Africa (DPSA) in January 1996 as the national co-ordinator for the Disabled Women’s Development Programme. She is the co-founder of Disabled Youth South Africa and the founder of the disabled women achiever prize.
Between 2004 and 2009, she was a member of the Portfolio Committee on Social Development, where she was re-elected for a second term.
In May 2009, she was re-elected to Parliament for a third term and appointed Deputy Minister of Public Works. Bogopane-Zulu was appointed Deputy Minister of Women, Children, and People with Disabilities in October 2011, a role she still holds.
- Deputy Minister of Social Development at National Executive (Executive) since 29th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 22nd May 2019
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- 143rd Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2019 (Election List) from 23rd April 2019 until 8th May 2019
- Deputy Minister of Social Development at National Executive (Executive) from 26th May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (143): Pretoria East (Constituency Office) from 10th May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member-elect at National Assembly (Parliament) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 88th Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 6th May 2009 until 6th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (143): Pretoria East (Constituency Office) until 6th May 2014
- Deputy Minister of Women, Children and People with Disabilities at National Executive (Executive) from 24th October 2011 until 24th April 2014
- Deputy Minister of Public Works at National Executive (Executive) until 24th October 2011
Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu Net Worth
Bogopane-Zulu has an estimated net worth of $500 000 which she has earned from her career as a politician.
- 082 729 8426
- 012 312 7483
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: