The University of South Africa, UNISA online application for the 2023 academic year is open. The institution has updated its website with I nformation about the 2023 admission process.
Scholarships & Opportunities:
We have gathered all the essential information on UNISA online application 2023, application dates, how to apply, closing dates and more in this article.
We’ll also look at Unisa online application requirements, Unisa online application supporting documents, Unisa online application fees, etc.
Prospective applicants seeking study admission at UNISA can begin to process their application.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 University of South Africa Online Application 2023
- 2 UNISA Online Application 2023 Application Dates
- 3 UNISA Application Opening Dates and Closing Dates
- 4 What You’ll Need to Apply
- 5 UNISA Application Requirements For 2023
- 6 UNISA Application Supporting Document For South African Citizens
- 7 UNISA Application Supporting Documents For International Applicants
- 8 UNISA Online Application Fees
- 9 How To Apply At UNISA Online 2023
- 10 Prospectus
- 11 UNISA Application 2023 FAQs
University of South Africa Online Application 2023
The Unisa Online Application for the 2023 academic year is open for prospective applicants to begin to process their application for admission to the university.
Applicants who want to enrol for a certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctoral, etc can apply for study admission.
UNISA Online Application 2023 Application Dates
The following are the official University of South African 2023 application opening and closing dates as obtained by sanotify.
- Undergraduate programmes applications 2023 will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
- honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas applications 2023 will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
- Master’s and doctoral qualifications applications 2023 will be open from 11 September to 14 November 2022 (some exceptions apply).
- Unisa’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) applications 2023 will be open from 1 September 2022 until 14 October 2022.
UNISA Application Opening Dates and Closing Dates
|Qualifications||Unisa 2023 application opening dates||Unisa 2023 application closing dates|
|Undergraduate Programmes||1 September||14 October 2022|
|Honours degrees & postgraduate Programmes||1 September||14 October 2022|
|Master’s/Doctoral Programmes||11 September||14 November 2022|
|Short Learning Programmes||1 September 2022||14 October 2022|
Prospective applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the application deadline.
What You’ll Need to Apply
- A valid email address (See How to Create an Email Address)
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. (See How to Get It)
- Foreign applicants will need their passport numbers.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- UNISA Application fee (more details on this below)
Make sure you have these things ready before proceeding to apply for UNISA in 2023
UNISA Application Requirements For 2023
To qualify for admission at the University of South Africa, prospective applicants need to possess all the required documents and meet all requirements before applying for the UNISA Online Application 2023.
The UNISA supporting documents are grouped under two types of applicants, which are South African Citizens and International Students.
UNISA Application Supporting Document For South African Citizens
- Copy of applicant Identification Document (ID)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate) or
- Copy of applicant Grade 12 exam results
- Email Address
- Cell Phone Number
UNISA Application Supporting Documents For International Applicants
- Copy of applicant school qualifications
- Copy of applicant tertiary academic qualification (if applicable)
- Copy of applicant’s home country passport
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to bachelor’s degree studies) and supporting documents if you are applying for a certificate of exemption
Applicants must provide all supporting documents before they can complete application for admission at the University of South Africa.sanotify.com
UNISA Online Application Fees
Both South African Citizen applicants and International Student applicants will pay a non-refundable fee of R120 as the online application fee at a point in your application.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
How To Apply At UNISA Online 2023
- Goto UNISA online application portal – https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Apply-for-admission
- Select the qualification of your choice (i.e undergraduate)
- Under your preferred programme, Select the type of applicants you are (i.e First-time applicants, or Returning students)
- Complete the application forms
- Upload all supporting documents
- Submit your application.
All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
The verification of applications takes some time. You may only receive feedback from Unisa six to eight weeks after the closing date for applications.
We recommend you download the University of South Africa UNISA Prospectus for proper guidance. Click here to access the Prospectus.
UNISA Application 2023 FAQs
Now, let’s see some of the frequently asked questions about applications for admission at the University of South Africa.
Yes, applications for 2023 at UNISA open on 1 September. Applicants can not apply earlier than the official application opening date of the University of South Africa
The application fee for the 2023 Unisa application for admission is R120. The fee is non-refundable for both South African citizens and International Student Applicants.
Again, the fee must be paid and proven with a receipt before you can submit your application.
Applications will close on 14 October 2022 for all undergraduate and postgraduate applications and on 14 November 2022 for Masters’s and Doctoral programs.
You can start to check your application status by following the information on this page (How to Check UNISA Application Status Online)
Yes, students at Unisa get NSFAS funding. However, you will need to apply for the NSFAS funding to get approved for the NSFAS financial support.
Go here NSFAS Online Application to get NSFAS funding.
We do hope this article on the University of South Africa Online Application 2023, (Unisa online application) was helpful.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.