If you want to Apply for UCT NSFAS application 2024 as a University of Cape Town student, read on to learn how to apply now.
If you are a returning student of UCT who wants to apply for NSFAS for the first time, or your funding was cancelled and you want to appeal? You’re at the right place for these answers and many others.
In this article, we’re taking you through UCT NSFAS application 2024, how to apply for NSFAS funding, requirements for UCT NSFAS funding, who qualifies for UCT NSFAS funding, etc.
UCT NSFAS Application 2024
Students of the University of Cape Town (UCT) can apply for NSFAS funding for this academic year.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened applications for the 2024 academic year. All students in South Africa’s public universities and TVET Colleges can apply for the funding.
This includes students who are also at the University of Cape Town and that’s how we get UCT NSFAS online application.
Requirements For UCT NSFAS Application 2024
- You own cellphone number and email address.
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate.
- ID Copies of parents / guardian / spouse.
- Your proof of income (if applicable).
- You parents’ / guardian’s / spouse’s proof of income.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required.
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- An applicant who is recognized as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form.
Who Qualifies To Appy For UCT NSFAS Funding
Applicants are only eligible for the NSFAS funding if;
- You must be a South African citizen
- Prospective students who applied for study admission at UCT for the 2024 academic year for a first undergraduate qualification.
- UCT Students who were approved for NSFAS funding in 2022 but did not study in 2022 academic year
- Able-bodied individuals must have a household income that comes to R350 000 or less per year
- People living with disabilities household income must come to R600 000 or less per year
There is no age limit for the bursary and SASSA grant beneficiaries immediately qualify for funding.
Do NOT apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Foreign student (NOT a South African citizen)
- Total household income is over R350 000 per annum
- Students who have already applied and received funding in previous years. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies, provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Students who have completed a previous qualification, unless they apply for an approved funded post-graduate qualification.
It is very important that during the application, the applicant provides the correct ID number, name(s), and surname as reflected in their ID documents.
NSFAS will validate the ID upfront. This will allow us to prepopulate your application form with the validated and correct information received from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), South African Social Security Agency (SASSA), Department of Basic Education (DBE), and others.
UCT NSFAS Application 2024 Opening Date
NSFAS application for 2024 opens on 2 November 2022. Both prospective students and returning students of UCT are to apply as soon as possible when the application for NSFAS funding is opened.
UCT NSFAS Application 2024 Closing Date
NSFAS application for 2024 closes on 7 January 2024. Both prospective students and returning students are encouraged to apply before the application for NSFAS funding closes.
UCT students are to apply within the NSFAS appplicaiton opening and closing dates before the deadline.
Why Is My UCT NSFAS Application Unsuccessful?
As a UCT student, your application for NSFAS will be rejected if;
- You have already completed an undergraduate degree or diploma qualification.
- If you have received NSFAS funding in 2022 and your funding is still active
- If you’re not a South African citizen
- If you’re reading a Short Learning Certificate programme
- If you’re doing a postgruade programme
Can UCT Students Appeal To NSFAS?
Yes, you can appeal to NSFAS for funding as a student of the University of Cape Town (UCT) if your previous application was unsuccessful.
You should go here NSFAS Appeal For 2024 to appeal to NSFAS.
You can appeal during the period when NSFAS appeal is active. Therefore you should appeal as soon as possible when applications are open before the appeal deadline.
How Do I Apply For NSFAS At UCT?
Follow the below guide and apply for NSFAS funding as a UCT student.
To apply for NSFAS, go here NSFAS Online Application (2024) for a comprehensive guide on how to apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme funding for your 2024 academic year.
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on MyNSFAS tap
- Create MyNSFAS Account
- Click on Apply
- Complete the information required in the section
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Click Submit to send your NSFAS online application
I Want to Apply for UCT Admission
If you are yet to apply for the University of Cape Town Online Application 2024 (Click here for a Guide on How to Submit your UCT Application Form Online)
UCT NSFAS Application FAQs
IS NSFAS Open For 2024 At UCT?
No, the NSFAS application for 2024 at UCT is open from 2 November 2022 to 7 January 2024. All students of UCT, both prospective students and continuing students who need NSFAS funding are to apply.
Does NSFAS Pay Registration Fees At UCT?
Yes, NSFAS pays registration fees for UCT students. Again, students who are funded at the University of Cape Town get all NSFAS funding benefits including payment of tuition fees, resident accommodation fees, and all other NSFAS allowances.
Can I Register At UCT Without NSFAS Funding?
You can still go to study for your qualification at UCT without NSFAS funding. However, you’ll need to pay all the costs of your education by yourself.
Again, you can register if your application is not yet approved but UCT 2024 registration is getting to its closing date.
After NSFAS approves your application for funding, they will reimburse your registration fees to you.
Hope you got value from this post. Drop all questions in the comment section below. Like and Share this post.