(We are thrilled to notify you) (This is to notify) (also use your phrase at times) that the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2023 TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Applications for the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. The programme is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research.
TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS (see sample letter that can be downloaded below or contained in the online application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M. I. Choudhary (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two recommendation letters.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Application for TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 June 2023 (midnight CEST time).
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED. The subject line must contain ICCBS/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Visit the Official Webpage of the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023