South African Reserve Bank, SARB Bursary 2022 Online Application Latest Update. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 SARB Bursary Programme.
This article covers the SARB Bursaries 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
Bursary Provider: South African Reserve Bank (SARB)
Location: All South Africa
Application Mode: Email Application Method Application is done Offline
SARB Bursary Programme 2022
A bursary or grant is a means of non-repayable monetary support designed to assist students who meet specific financial eligibility criteria. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
To qualify for the Bursary, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the South African Reserve Bank, SARB Bursary 2022.
The bursary is available to students entering their 1st year of study in 2023, in any of these fields related to the bank:
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Mathematical Statistics
- * Other fields may also be funded, such as Medicine, Dentistry, Social Work
The bursary will be awarded for first academic year and reviewed each year (recipients do not have to reapply for funding each year). Students will be required to submit their exam results by no later than 31 December each year.
Students will have the opportunity to partake in vacation work opportunities each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 October 2022, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates may be required to undergo testing and attend an interview before being awarded a bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 30 years old
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2023
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your Matric June exams
- You must be in financial need
- You must be unable to afford to attend university without a bursary
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
You may also consider student loan here
How to Apply for SARB Bursary
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Apply online: SARB Bursary Application 2023
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and Apply.
Applicants must use the following promotional code: SARB2023
– Download and complete the SARB Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Hardcopy applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 086 609 7183
- Post: Mr John Legoete, P.O. Box 30632, BRAAMFONTEIN, 2017
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at university for the 2023 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational essay to support your application (approximately 250 words) (read our tips on writing a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Then follow the instructions on the page to apply for an available position.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary Closing Date is [deadline]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.