North-West University Research Internship programme 2023 Is Open . This internship position will prepare an individual for a wide variety of possible scenarios within a research environment where a transdisciplinary approach is taken towards project planning, data gathering, dissemination and development of community-integrated interventions.
Table of Contents
RESEARCH INTERNSHIP: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Location: NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (POTCHEFTSROOM CAMPUS)
- Honours’ degree in Health sciences, social and development studies, and other related fields.
- Driver’s license.
- Research – Planning, management, and coordination of small research programmes, including learning about project management.
- Understanding project terms of reference (ToR) and the writing of the research proposals, including ethics and budgeting.
- Literature Review- Desktop review of relevant literature.
- Data Gathering- Adapt and design survey questions, develop interview protocols, focus group questions.
- Data Analysis- Data preparation, coding and interpretation (use software to capture qualitative and quantitative data).
- Dissemination of results- Compiling reports, presentation of results and findings. Submission of papers for publications presentation of paper at a conference.
- Implementation of interventions.
- M&E and marketing of interventions.
Functional/Technical/Behavioural competencies (Knowledge and Skills)
- Computer literate.
- Efficient language skills (English; Afrikaans and Setswana will be an advantage).
- Ability to work autonomous in a group or as an individual.
- Ability to use eMedia for the purpose of communication.
- Workshop presentations and research.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to adjust to various settings and adjust behaviour accordingly.
- Friendly and open-minded personality to be able to approach different types of stakeholders and establish and maintain networks.
- Proof of registration for Master’s degree in Health sciences, social and development studies, and other related field
- 1 Years’ experience in project management
- 1 Years’ exposure to research and intervention, activities, preferably in the field community engagement
HOW TO APPLY
he University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND APPLY ONLINE
Opportunity Closing Date: Friday, 26 March, 2023 – 12:00.