Investec Bursary 2022 Online Application Latest Update. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Investec Bursary Programme.
This article covers the Investec Bursaries 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
Bursary Provider: Investec
Location: All South Africa
Application Mode: Online Application Form or Application is done Offline
Table of Contents
Investec Bursary Programme 2022
A bursary or grant is a means of non-repayable monetary support designed to assist students who meet specific financial eligibility criteria. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
To qualify for the Bursary, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the Investec, Investec Bursary 2022.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within fields that are relevant to the financial services sector, including:
- Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Information Science (BIS)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Business Science
- Commerce (including: Accounting, Business Economics, Economics, Finance, Investments)
- Commercial LLB
- Computer Science (B Sc)
- Informatics (B Com)
- Information Technology (B Sc)
- Medicine Degrees (MBCHB)
The Investec bursary provides full cover for all study-related expenses.
Each year, Investec awards bursaries to up to 30 students. Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: financial need and academic potential.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or in your first year of university study
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate degree, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (the bursary does not cover studies at private tertiary institutions)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for all subjects in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English FAL or 65% for English HL in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your first semester examination, if currently studying at university
- Actuarial Science applicants: you must be in your first year of study (unless you are studying towards a Business Science degree at UCT)
How to Apply for Investec Bursary
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Applications must be submitted online at: Investec Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Mid-year academic results/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of university acceptance / registration (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relate to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
Then follow the instructions on the page to apply for an available position.
The Investec (Investec) Bursary Closing Date is [deadline]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.