FOOD SECURITY ANALYST: USAID’S EARLY WARNING SYSTEMS NETWORK Internships 2022 is open. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 FEWS NET Internship Programme.
Scholarships & Opportunities:
This article covers the FEWS NET Internships 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
- Internship Provider: FOOD SECURITY ANALYST: USAID’S EARLY WARNING SYSTEMS NETWORK (FEWS NET)
- Location: All South Africa
- Application Mode: Online Application Form
- Salary: Salary packages will be in accordance with remuneration policies.
Table of Contents
FEWS NET Internships 2022
An internship is an opportunity offered by an employer to potential employees, called interns, to work at a firm for a fixed period of time.
To qualify for the internship, you must possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the FOOD SECURITY ANALYST: USAID’S EARLY WARNING SYSTEMS NETWORK, FEWS NET Internship 2022.
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a full-time food security analyst (FSA) based in Washington, D.C. FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis.
Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET EWT, a team charged with integrated emergency food security analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices.
The FSAs work closely with other FEWS NET EWT colleagues in the home, regional, and field offices to accomplish the DSG’s two primary objectives: 1) facilitate the development and communication of timely, high-quality, actionable decision support at the country, regional, and global levels and 2) build FEWS NET staff and partners’ food security analysis and strategic communications capacity. The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- English fluency is required; French and/or Spanish language skills are highly preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography is required
- At least two years of relevant experience (with a Ph.D.), four years of relevant experience (with a Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes working on food security information systems, food security analysis, early warning, or other related fields; experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is desirable
- Experience using large datasets to analyze trends through a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with field-based, local staff via telephone, e-mail, and other remote means is required
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills are required
How to Apply for FEWS NET Internship
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Please refer to and view the full job description for the food security analyst by clicking on the “Read More” button below. To apply, please complete the general application form and upload your CV and cover letter at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=5050 by 11:59 p.m. EDT on November 15th.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For applicants located in the EU, please see Chemonics Data Privacy Notice linked here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
The FOOD SECURITY ANALYST: USAID’S EARLY WARNING SYSTEMS NETWORK (FEWS NET) Internship Closing Date is [15 November 2022]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.