Advertisements : Compensation Fund (CF) Employer Registration : Compensation Fund (CF) Employer Registration

Organisation : South Africa Department of Labour’s Compensation Fund (CF)


Facility Name : Compensation Fund (CF) Employer Registration


How To Register As An Employer With Compensation Fund?

You are required to register with Compensation Fund to take insurance cover against your employees in the event of injuries and diseases in your workplace. You are required to notify us of the change of the nature of business within 7 days.

Related / Similar Facility : uFiling Account Registration

The Compensation Fund will issue a CF Registration number starting with 99…… (12 digits) to be used for payment’s reference number or enquiries. Some other industries will be transferred to Mutual Associations (read further on Obligations of the Employers)

According to the law, an employer must insure his/her workers against occupational injuries or diseases contracted during the course of employment. CF is not insuring the employer’s business but, insuring the workers. According to law, an employer must register with the Compensation Fund (CF) within 7 after appointing an employee/s.

For Employers – if you want to apply for registration at CF:

** Register online, click Online Services, click ROE Online ( or

** Complete the Registration Form

** Attach the CIPC certificate, UIF Proof of Registration, ID copies of the owners/directors, a proof of the business residence.

** For the Non-Profit Organisation (NPO), attach the CIPC certificate, UIF Proof of Registration, NPO certificate, ID copies of the owners/directors, a proof of the business residence

** For the Trust,

** For the Sole Trader/Proprietor, ID copies of the owners/directors, a UIF Proof of Registration, a proof of the business residence

See also GDE Admissions Placement Period FAQs 2023 : Gauteng Department of Education

** Forward to RegistrationCF AT

** A Contract Account Number (99…….) will be issued upon the finalisation of the registration

What is Return of Earnings?

To be in good standing, you are required to submit the Return of Earnings before the set deadline. It is against the law for failure to submit the ROEs and penalties will be charged. Payment must be made within 30 days to avoid interest. An application for the Revision of Assessment must be done within 30 calendar days of the Notice of Assessment/Invoice’s date.

What is Letter of Good Standing?

A Letter of Good Standing will be issued on receipt of the full payment and can be verified online using the unique Certificate Number. You can report the forged Letter of Good Standing to cf-fraud AT or 0800 234 432 or SMS 30916

Verification of LOGS Instructions

** Go to the link

** You can only validate the letter using the Certificate number.

** Enter Certificate number to check the validity/ Authenticity of the certificate.

** Verify the Trade name against the Trade Name on the certificate.

** Don’t forget to check the Valid period of the certificate

Allocation of Payment

** It may sometimes happen the payment is not allocated due to a system error, a correct Contract Account number (99…..) was not used, etc.

** A Proof of Payment must be sent to Clarification AT

Record Keeping And An Audit:

** Employers are required to keep record for a period of 4 years

CF may conduct a full audit which will include the following:

See also  Truworths Account Opening Online

** Confirm the registration

** Confirm the correctness of the nature of the business

** Confirm the earnings declared over the past 4 years

** Confirm the status of the sub-contractors

Application For The Revision Of Assessment:

** An application for the revision of assessment happens when employer identified an error on the submitted declaration of ROE.

** An employer is required to submit an application within 30 calendar days from the date of the Notice of Assessment/Invoice.

** For the application to be considered, all documents used to clear an audit will apply.

Mandators & Contractors:

** All employers as mandators who utilize the services of a contractor should obtain a letter of good standing from the contractors to prove that the contractor is registered and up to date with all assessment payments.

** If the contractor fails to register or pay any assessment, the mandator shall be required to pay for any compensation paid to the employees and any assessments outstanding.


Click to Comment

Leave a Reply


New 2023 Fully-Funded Scholarships Opening - Apply to Study & Live in Canada


I need help with…