When does YouTube start paying? This is one of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to making money via YouTube.
In South Africa, people also ask ‘how many views on YouTube till you get paid’, and ‘how many views on YouTube to get money’.
This clearly shows that YouTube pays well if you have enough subscribers and views. Many South Africans have earned an audience by creating video content geared toward teaching, podcasting, entertaining and reviewing products. In this article, we answer ‘when does YouTube start paying in South Africa.’
When Does YouTube Start Paying?
YouTube pays YouTubers in South Africa through its YouTube Partner Program, which allows creators to earn money from their content through advertising revenue, sponsorships, and other monetization methods.
To be eligible for the program, creators must meet certain requirements such as having at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time on their channel. Once they are accepted into the program, they can enable monetization on their videos and start earning money from ads, sponsorships, and other sources.
In South Africa, to start earning money directly through YouTube, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year. Once you reach that, you can apply to YouTube’s Partner Program and monetize your channel.
How Many Views on YouTube till You Get Paid?
You need to have at least 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months to get paid on YouTube. Apply to YouTube’s Partner Program and monetize your channel once you’ve reached this number. Promoting your YouTube video through social media and paid media advertising is another popular way to generate additional traffic to the video. Meaning you will make more money when you have many views.
How Much Does YouTube Pay for 1,000 Views?
Pay for YouTube views differ, however, most YouTubers in South Africa charge an average $0.5 per 1,000 views. In South Africa, if your video reaches 1 million views, you will earn anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000.
Ways to Make Money in the YouTube Partner Program in South Africa
You can make money on YouTube through the following features:
- Advertising revenue: Earn revenue from Watch Page ads and Shorts Feed ads.
- Channel memberships: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Shopping: Your fans can browse and buy products, like merch, from your store on YouTube.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages or animated images highlighted in chat streams.
- Super Thanks: Your fans pay to get their message highlighted in your video’s comments section.
- YouTube Premium revenue: Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content. YouTube pay per view. Which is a great way to accumulate money.
In summary, YouTubers in South Africa can earn money through the YouTube Partner Program, which allows them to monetize their videos through advertising revenue, sponsorships and other monetization methods. It’s important to note that earning money on YouTube is not guaranteed and requires a clear understanding of the monetization options available to them and a strategic approach.