The University of the Western Cape Admission Requirements, UWC Application Requirements 2022, UWC Courses and Requirements and other application information for 2022 admission session available here.
The Authority of the University of the Western Cape (UWC) has publicized the Admission Application Requirement for undergraduate and postgraduate prospective candidates that seek admission into the institution for the 2022 academic year. These requirements are for various programmes offered at the institution, it serves as a guide in the application process. All interested applicants are to read through carefully making sure that they fulfil the requirements before putting in an application.
Table of Contents
Where Can I Find The Latest UWC Application Requirements?
The Prospectus is the best place to find the university of south Africa entry requirements and other vital application information such as application fees, application dates, courses, mode of application, and more.
Apart from the prospectus highlighted above, it also important to access the official UWC admission portal for the latest application news updates. I have provided links to the UWC Admission Application Requirements pages below.
Here are the UWC General Admission Requirements
Things to note before applying online to UWC:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Once you have received your student number from UWC, you will need to pay the application fee.
- Make sure your documents are scanned according to the guidelines.
- Your admission to UWC is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- If you don’t meet these requirements, you may want to consider alternative qualifications or possibly, if you qualify, an extended programme, enabling you to register for limited modules in your first year.
- Students who completed Grade 12 at the ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) School of Tomorrow may no longer be accepted at UWC.
- Some UWC qualifications have limited spaces available. Meeting the general and / specific admission requirements for a qualification does not guarantee that you will be offered a space for the 2022 academic year.
Important Things to Note Before Apply to University
- Closing Dates: Make sure you know the exact closing dates for the institutions you want to apply to.
- Online vs. Postage/Courier: Some universities use an online application system, while others only accept hard copies. Some offer both. Take this into account when starting the application process.
- Exam Results: Your Grade 11 marks are really important for your application. Some universities allow you to use your Matric June marks, so have these at hand!
- Financial Aid: If your family’s income falls below a certain bracket, you could qualify. This will be a separate form and you’ll need your parent or guardian’s payslip ready for proof.
- Current Year’s Activity: If you’re in Matric, the university requires your school marks and school activity details. If you took a gap year they’ll need travelling or working details.
- Supporting Documents: You’ll need your:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Parent’s/guardian’s ID
- Exam results
- Proof of residence
- Most recent payslip NEVER sends the original documents.
- Make Sure all Details are Correct: Fill in your application form slowly and double-check your details before submitting online. If you fill out a hardcopy, use a pencil before filling it out with a blue or black pen.
- Pay the Application Fee: Make sure of the required amount, EFT it or pay it at the bank. Never post it. Send the university proof of payment if it’s required.
- Signing the Declaration: Read through the form and make sure your details are all true and correct. You AND your parent/ guardian need to sign it.
- Acceptance: You will be sent a formal email or letter to inform you of your acceptance. Remember to continue working hard and pay the minimum initial payment by the due date.
Please Note*: For most institutions, you’ll need to write an NBT test, which will test your academic readiness. Make sure you check up with the institution you’re applying to whether or not you’ll need an NBT result for your application. Your NBT results are valid for 3 years (how cool?) and you only need to write the test once if you’re applying to more than one institution.
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the University of the Western Cape (UWC) by visiting the official website www.uwc.ac.za.
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, Please, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.