United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internships 2022 is open. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internship Programme.
Scholarships & Opportunities:
This article covers the United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internships 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
- Internship Provider: United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg)
- Location: All South Africa
- Application Mode: Online Application Form
- Salary: Salary packages will be in accordance with remuneration policies.
Table of Contents
- 1 United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internships 2022
- 2 ABOUT WFP
- 3 ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
- 4 KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- 5 STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 6 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 7 How to Apply for United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internship
- 8 Closing Date
United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internships 2022
An internship is an opportunity offered by an employer to potential employees, called interns, to work at a firm for a fixed period of time.
To qualify for the internship, you must possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg), United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internship 2022.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
As a continental sovereign risk pool, the African Risk Capacity (ARC) provides cost-effective contingency funding to African governments to execute pre-approved contingency plans in the event of severe disasters. ARC was established as a Specialized Agency of the African Union in November 2012 to help Member States improve their capacities to better plan, prepare and respond to extreme weather events and disasters and to assist food insecure populations. Operating under the privileges and immunities of the AU, the ARC Agency, through its Secretariat, provides Member States with capacity building services for early warning, contingency planning and risk finance.
In late 2013 the Agency established a financial affiliate called ARC Insurance Company Limited (ARC Ltd). ARC Ltd is a specialist hybrid mutual insurance company that issues policies to governments, and which aggregates and transfers risk to the international market. In order for a country to purchase an insurance policy and thus become a member of the Company, the country must demonstrate through a peer review process its ability to effectively use potential payouts. The evidence shows that the economic benefits of early assistance to households after a failed harvest, before they deplete their productive assets and start skipping meals, far outweigh the insurance premiums countries pay if they pool their risk through a facility like ARC.
The ARC agency is now working on growing the number of countries participating in the insurance pool and adding to the available insurance products.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision and guidance of the ARC Head of Finance and Administration, the incumbent would be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the Head of Finance and Administration in project and budget management as directed;
- Coordinate with the World Food Programme Finance, Admin (Support on Inventory management, Travel), Procurement or other units on billing, contracts, agreements and other issues and documentation as directed;
- Provide analytical support as required. The incumbent would assist in monitoring fund reservations, commitments and actual expenditure to ensure various items are billed to the correct trust funds as per donor agreements and agreed budgets and that there are not unnecessary/incorrect commitments;
- Draft or provide editorial support for presentations, reports, minutes, correspondence and briefing notes;
- Coordinate and monitor documentation for meetings to ensure timely preparation, distribution and follow-up;
- Interface with internal and external partner as required;
- Represent ARC’s Admin and Finance department at meetings and workshops as necessary;
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme (for example, Bachelor’s degree) from a recognised university and have completed at least two years of the programme. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months; or
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate programme (for example, Master degree) from a recognised university and have attended classes in the past 12 months; or
- Be a recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognised university and have attended classes in the last 12 months of enrolment in the university.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced computer skills, including at least intermediate skills in windows-based word processing and spreadsheets and other standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN ERP system, system policies, rules and regulations and procedures governing administration an advantage.
- Working knowledge (proficiency/level C) of English. Limited knowledge (intermediate/level B) of French or another UN official language is an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
How to Apply for United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) Internship
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
The United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg) (United Nations World Food Programme (johannesburg)) Internship Closing Date is [deadline]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.