The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
Duty Station: PRETORIA
The Internship is for six (6) months at UNEP Pretoria Office.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 to 40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Studies in Communications, Media, Political Science, or Environment related topics preferred.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
A Completed application (Personal History Profile) through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past work experiences, IT Skills, and three references.
Proof of enrollment (click on link to access and attach to your application: http://unon.org/content/internship-programme),
List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using, and Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship.
A certified copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Opportunity Closing Date: Wednesday, 10 March, 2023 – 12:00