UNDP is hereby seeking a suitable candidate to work as an Intern in the programme to assist in the rapid execution of its programme.
Table of Contents
UNDP Governance Internship Opportunity
Functional and general requirements:
- Currently enrolled for the final year or completed a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Development, Political Science, Law, Public Administration, or other related social and economic sciences and management fields.
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge of at least one local language
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
- Applicants should indicate which months they are available part- and/or full time and when they complete their studies (if still enrolled);
- Interns need to make own arrangements for travel, VISA, accommodation, etc
HOW TO APPLY
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND APPLY ONLINE
Opportunity Closing Date: Wednesday, 6 April, 2023 – 12:00