The University of Free State, UFS online applications 2022 has been open for admissions into various programmes in the institution.
At UFS, they promote diversity, inclusivity, and transformation. Join them in their pursuit of academic excellence and innovation. They are continuously generating new knowledge through essential and captivating projects. Their top-notch researchers produce critical knowledge, generate third-stream income, and contribute to the economy.
Their ever-expanding facilities and knowledge base present many opportunities for scholars to impact locally and globally.
UFS has nine faculties for prospective students to choose from:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- The Humanities
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Theology and Religion
Along with these faculties, they also offer Open Distance Learning and Business School. Students can also participate in more than 22 different sport disciplines.
Full Details – List of Courses Offered at University of Free State
They have three unique campuses: Bloemfontein Campus, Qwaqwa Campus, South Campus.
Table of Contents
What do you need to study at the University of the Free State?
- You have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (Bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification.
- You meet all the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study. Meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen/intended programme of study, does not guarantee admission, as limited spaces are available in each programme.
- You have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in the chosen UFS language of instruction: English or Afrikaans (only applicable to certain programmes).
- You must pass certain school subjects with a minimum level of achievement in order to take a certain university module. Please refer to the section on the faculty-specific admission requirements, which also includes the respective compulsory subjects and achievement levels required per programme.
Important Related Information:
- University of Free State Fees Schedule
- University of Free State Student Portal
- NSFAS Application
- Get your Matric Result
How to Apply
- Before you start your application process, make sure you have
- an active email address and a reliable cell phone number
- scanned copies (not photographs) of your identity document / passport and grade 11 final results.
- latest academic transcript and certificate of conduct if you are transferring from another tertiary institution
- Go to https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- Click on ‘New Application’
- Follow the prompts and fill in details
- Submit relevant documents
- Submit completed application
See Also – UFS Late Application and How to Apply
Application Closing Dates
1 September Applications to study any University Access Programme (UAP) offered on the South Campus and the sub-regions
31 May MBChB, Radiation Sciences, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Biokinetics
31 July Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Nursing
31 August International Undergrad applications
30 September Geology, Forensic Sciences, Music, Social Work, Community Development, All non-selection programmes, Application from students transferring from other tertiary institutions
1 November Fine Arts
30 November All University Access Programmes on the South Campus and the sub-regions
Selection Forms for Health Sciences
- School for Allied Health Professionals form found here
- Occupational Therapy form found here
- Medical Certificate form found here
If you are not applying online and submitting a hard copy application, you can find the Application Form here.
Keep in mind that all programmes have limited space available; therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We recommend you download the University of Free State UFS Prospectus for proper guidance. Click here to access the Prospectus.
UFS Application Status
After successful submission of your application form, you may want to start tracking your application status. The following page shows you how to do that properly.
Got any question or correction regarding this post? kindly drop a comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: