University of Free State (UFS) Online Application 2021 (When & How to Register Online). The 2021 registration process of the University of the Free State (UFS) will take place online for first-year, senior, and postgraduate students.
The UFS is doing many things differently in 2021, including the introduction of an online registration process because the safety of our students is as important as their education.
Considering the benefits and challenges experienced by our students during 2020 and the devastating effect of COVID-19, the UFS has been endorsed by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) to continue with an online/blended learning and teaching approach during the first semester of 2021 for first-year and senior students. This means that certain classes will be online, some in contact or face-to-face mode, and others a combination of contact and online.
Information on the online/blended learning approach will be shared with students by the respective faculties in due course.
* Excluding students in the Faculty of Health Sciences and the South Campus and sub-region students (Access).
Table of Contents
UFS Position on Walk-In Applicants in 2021
The university has reached its admissions capacity and is not able to take walk-in applicants in 2021.
Definition of walk-in applicants are those prospective undergraduate students
- who did not submit an application for admission; or
- who are without an acknowledgement letter for 2021 study; or
- who submitted an application after the closing date of 31 August 2020 (for international applicants) and 30 September 2020 (for South African applicants); or
- who do not have an offer to study.
Central Application Clearing House (CACH)
First-year students without an acknowledgement letter for study in 2021 or who have submitted an application after the closing date of 30 September 2020 or who do not have an offer to study, should apply to the Central Application Clearing House (CACH) via the link: http://cach.dhet.gov.za
CACH is an initiative of the Department of Higher Education and Training, offering a service to assist applicants who wish to study at one of the many South African universities or colleges in 2021, but have not yet applied or been offered a place at the institution where they applied
Important Dates for The First Quarter of 2021
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND ORIENTATION
- 11 to 22 January 2021: Registration for students in the Faculty of Health Sciences
- 8 to 26 February 2021: Online registration and orientation in all other faculties (senior and postgraduate students)
- 1 to 13 March 2021: Online registration and orientation (first-year students)
Start and Duration of The First Term
- 1 March 2021 to 16 April 2021: First-term for senior students
- 15 March 2021 to 30 April 2021: First-term for first-year students
*First-year students in the Faculty of Health Sciences will start on 1 March 2021.
Note – Postgraduate students must consult their respective departments in terms of the start of their academic activities in 2021.
How to Register Online for UFS 2021
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: