UCT First Year Registration 2022 is Open. First Year registration at the University of Cape Town has opened and will take place online to ensure students’ safety against Covid-19. Keep reading to find out more about this.
The University of Cape Town, more commonly known as UCT, is South Africa’s oldest university situated on the slopes of Table Mountain in Rondebosch.
The UCT Registrations are for students whose application status has been check and confirm. If you have not checked your status, click the following link to do so:
UCT has 4 campuses, namely:
- Groote Schuur Campus in Rondebosch
- Medical Campus in Observatory
- Hiddingh Campus in the city
- Breakwater Campus at Cape Town’s Waterfront, where the Graduate School of Business is located.
These campuses offer many courses in different Faculties, including the following:
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
Registration for first year students have opened on 1 March 2022.
These registrations will take place online and all first year students who have gotten final admission into UCT will receive an email directing them to PeopleSoft where they will be able to register.
The university has provided a step by step guide on how online registration can be completed.
First time entrants have also been invited to the University’s First-year Reception which is being held in the Sports Centre on the upper campus from Sunday 28 February to Tuesday 2 March between 9am and 7pm everyday.
At the First-year reception students will be helped with their first login to PeopleSoft, they will also be given their student cards and will receive laptops if they have opted in to the UCT laptop scheme.
If students are unable to collect their student cards by 2 March then they will be sent information how they will be able to access it after that date.
A shuttle service will also be provided to students’ allocated residences as well as a health screening.
Before and upon arrival to UCT, students have been asked to download the following apps so they have familiarised themselves with the apps and start using them when needed:
- UCT Mobile app: Use to access various UCT information/services. This can be downloaded on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- First-Year Campus Reception (FYCR) Booking app: Use to book your time slot for FYCR service or student card bookings. Either access via the UCT Mobile app Student Card tile or click direct link: https://conference.uct.ac.za/calendar/student_card_booking?cid=6026&t=d&d=0000-00-00&cal=6026&inc=0
- CT Daily Health Screening: Use for daily screening before accessing UCT Campus. This app runs in a browser on a mobile phone, laptop or desktop computer. You can access this app via the UCT COVID app – Daily Health Screening banner in UCT Mobile.
The 2022 academic year at UCT will commence from 15 March 2022.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: