Transnet Steward Vacancy 2023 Is open. Do you have Grade 12? Do you have 12 months experience on a vessel as a steward ? Transnet is offering a Steward X2 (Dredging Services) position.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Steward X2 (Dredging Services)
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Dredging Serv
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Chief Mate Grade
Level : K1
Reference Number : 1025340
- Grade 12 12 months experience on a vessel as a steward would be advantageous.
- SAMSA medicals would also be advantageous.
- Work Environment: Lives on board the vessel for a stipulated period of time on a 12 hour / 24 hours, 14 day shift basis
HOW TO APPLY
Qualifications & Experience:
- Cleans accommodation & toilets. Assist cook with preparation of food.
- Washing of dishes & cutlery Clean mess room and galley.
- Prepare mess room for meals.
- Assist Cook with daily requirements of victualising.
- Assist in regular stock taking.
- Assist with packing and cleaning of stores & fridges.
- Clean and keep laundry room neat and hygienic.
Opportunity Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 March, 2023 – 12:00.