TIPS offers internships to qualified people to gain professional experience in the economic policy field in South Africa and the continent. Internships are for a period of three to six months.
Table of Contents
Economist Graduate Opportunity At TIPS
TIPS’s research approach focuses on generating and analysing evidence-based options for a more sustainable and inclusive economic development. You can see more about our work on this website.
Candidates should have the following:
- A post-graduate qualification (at least a Master’s degree) in Economics and at least one to two years of economic research and/or policy experience;
- Experience in data handling and analysis (GDP, Employment, International Trade, Investment and Finances) is a required core competency;
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of statistical analysis software (such as Stata or SPSS);
- A passion for industrial policy and inclusive economic development, with knowledge of national and international developments on industrial policy, trade and other economic issues;
- An understanding of international trade, industrial policy and regional integration;
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- An ability to work independently, as part of a team, and to handle tight deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest in the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample.
Opportunity Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 March, 2023 – 12:00