The Centre for Student Counselling and Development at Stellenbosch University is seeking intern psychologists. These positions are for a period of 12 months.
Stellenbosch University Psychology Internships
- Delivering psychological services to students, prospective students, as well as scholars (Grade R – 7), including psychometric assessment, academic counselling, career development counselling and psychotherapy;
- Presenting workshops;
- Writing psychological reports;
- Conducting intake interviews;
- Performing administrative tasks;
- Participating in individual and group supervision;
- Case presentations;
- Conducting relevant research to support case work.
- Proof of registration or proof of successful completion of a structured Master's programme in Educational Psychology;
- A completed module in Career Counselling at Master's level;
- Knowledge of and experience in a narrative approach to career counselling;
- A scientific-practical approach to the development of essential skills to foster student success;
- Knowledge of the Children's Act No. 38 of 2005 and the application thereof;
- Knowledge and experience with regards to therapeutic interventions of younger children and parents;
- Experience in compiling and facilitating group work sessions;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Intern Psychologist in Educational Psychology on appointment;
- Computer proficiency;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to work effectively in a team;
- The ability to work according to a fixed schedule in a structured environment and deliver a quality service.
- Work experience within a multidisciplinary professional team;
- Above average written and verbal proficiency in English and one other official South African language.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Opportunity Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 May, 2023 – 12:00