This is to notify that the South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) Prize Scholarship 2023 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2023 South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) Prize Scholarship. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Applications are open for the SAAO Prize Scholarship 2024. The South African Astronomical observatory (SAAO) will award an MSc and PhD scholarship, for degrees starting in 2024, to outstanding candidates. All the MSc and PhD projects advertised on the 2024 PhD and MSc projects page are available.
Founded in 1820, the SAAO is the national centre for optical and infrared astronomy in South Africa. Its primary role is to conduct fundamental research in astronomy and astrophysics by providing a world-class facility to scientists. The SAAO also promotes astronomy and astrophysics in southern Africa, by sharing research findings and discoveries, and participating in outreach activities to enthuse citizens about physics and astronomy.
- The funding amount will be R180,000 per year at MSc level, and R190,000 per year at PhD level.
- In addition to this stipend, tuition fees will be covered, generous support for travel and equipment will be provided and options for on-site accommodation can be explored.
- Open to candidates of any nationality, but preference will be given to South African citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants must be eligible to register for an MSc/PhD degree in astrophysics at a South African university at the start of the 2024 academic year.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in astrophysics.
Application for South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) Prize Scholarship
To apply, send the following documents, and nothing else, as a single pdf ﬁle by email to firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter, CV, and academic transcripts.
The subject line of your email should contain your surname, the surname of the supervisor of the project you are applying for, and the level (MSc or PhD) at which you are applying. Also arrange to have two referees send a reference letter directly to email@example.com, by the application deadline, and with your name in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) Prize Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on Deadline: July 31, 2023
Visit the Official Webpage of the South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO) Prize Scholarship 2023