Southern African Weed Science Society, SAWSS Bursary 2022 Online Application Latest Update. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 SAWSS Bursary Programme.
This article covers the SAWSS Bursaries 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
Bursary Provider: Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS)
Location: All South Africa
Application Mode: Online Application Form or Application is done Offline
Table of Contents
SAWSS Bursary Programme 2022
A bursary or grant is a means of non-repayable monetary support designed to assist students who meet specific financial eligibility criteria. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
To qualify for the Bursary, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the Southern African Weed Science Society, SAWSS Bursary 2022.
Bursaries will be awarded for postgraduate degree studies, in the broad field of Weed Science.
Each year, 2 bursaries are awarded each year to the value of R25 000 each, per student.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the SAWSS executive committee, before a final decision is made. The SAWSS reserves the right not to award bursaries.
Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of university registration before the bursary award is paid. They will also be required to submit official results at the end of the study year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be from one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, DRC, Angola, Mozambique, Mauritius, Tanzania, Seychelles and Swaziland),
- You must be registered to study towards a full-time postgraduate degree in the broad field of weed science (diploma studies will NOT be covered)
- You must be registered to study at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must be a paid-up student member of the SAWSS
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in your previous study year’s course work, towards your postgraduate degree (if applicable)
How to Apply for SAWSS Bursary
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Download and complete the SAWSS Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic records (on institutions letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor (read our tips on how to get a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Motivational letter (written by the student, of between 300 and 400 words, explaining their interest in weed science) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- A completed SAWSS Membership Form (.pdf)
Applications must be posted to:
The SAWSS Secretary
PO Box 180
Then follow the instructions on the page to apply for an available position.
The Southern African Weed Science Society (SAWSS) Bursary Closing Date is [30 September 2022]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.