Many applicants are wondering if Moya SRD Grant Applications are valid. Well, keep on reading to find out.
The South African Social Security Agency has recently reinstated the Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, which provides beneficiaries with R350 per month, from the date it is approved.
Applicants are reminded that they will be paid from the month in which they apply and that there will be no back pay.
In order to qualify for the grant, applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
- South African Citizens, Permanent Residents or Refugees registered with Home Affairs;
- Resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18;
- Not receiving any income;
- Not receiving any social grant;
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support; and
- Not resident in a government-funded or subsidised institution.
What information is required:
- Identity Number;
- Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
- Gender and Disability;
- Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
- Contact details – Cell phone number;
- Proof of Residential Address;
With regards to the Moya App, SASSA has clarified that applications done on the SRD website through the services of the Moya App will still come through to SASSA.
Moya App is a data-free platform that allows individuals to access various applications and the internet at no cost. However, SASSA has no association with it.