The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls South Africa invites unemployed graduates to apply for Library Graduate / Internship Programme for 2023/2024.
- Internship Application Closing Date: 05 November 2023
- Internship Location: Henley-On-Klip, Gauteng, South Africa
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (The Academy) is a residential boarding school with just over 300 students enrolled in Grades 8 -12. Grade 12 students write the Independent Examination Board (I.E.B.) NSC Examination.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, CV with names of three contactable references, copy of the highest qualification/s and the copy of identity. Interested candidates must register their profile at https://owlag.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ to submit their application. Further information about the Academy can be found on its website (www.owlag.co.za)
- Diploma or a degree or should be studying towards a degree in Library and Information Science;
- Knowledge of Library Software Systems will serve as an added advantage.
- Willingness to learn how to use and implement the Neurosequential Model of Education
- Knowledge of DDC, AACR2;
- Excellent customer service;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of library records;
- Good competence in MS Office Powerpoint / Excel;
- Attention to quality, accuracy and detail orientation;
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions;
- Excellent administration skills;
- Sound relationship building skills;
- Effective time management;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual and in teams;
- Willingness to participate in the broader life of the Academy and to contribute positively to the ethos of the school;
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
How to apply
Click here to apply for The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls SA: Library Internships 2023/2024
Regrettably emailed, faxed and hand delivered applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted through the SkillsMap portal will be considered. Only suitably qualified applications will be considered. Should you not hear from us by 30 November 2020, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position.