nefcorp.co.za : Apply for National Empowerment Fund
Organisation : National Empowerment Fund Trust
Type of Facility : Apply for National Empowerment Fund
Head Office : Gauteng
Website : https://www.nefcorp.co.za/
How To Apply For National Empowerment Fund?
Follow the below steps to apply for National Empowerment Fund (NEF)
NEF Fund : R250 000 – R75 million
NEF Application Form :
** Please complete this application in full with all the required information, including a comprehensive business plan proposal and the required financials as described below.
Related / Similar Facility : IDC Gro-E Youth Scheme
** Where the information requested is not applicable please write “Not Applicable” or “N/A”.
** Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
** All business plan proposals declined by the NEF or withdrawn by the applicant, will not be kept on our records, please do not submit master/original documents.
** This Form Is Free And No Fees Are Payable To The Nef Or Any Other Persons For The Completion Or Assistance With This Application Form
Completing the application form :
** Having read and understood how the NEF is structured to assist black entrepreneurs and businesses, the next logical step is to do a self-needs analysis to see how the NEF is able to assist you and your business needs.
** To engage them is as simple as taking the first step of filling in an application form that will present your business case for assessment based on the criteria described above.
** Your proposal needs to contain comprehensive information to support the commercial viability and the financial position of your business.
** A business plan guideline has been provided on the application form, to highlight the various topics you need to cover when making your submission.
Checklist of National Empowerment Fund
Followings are the checklist to apply for National Empowerment Fund (NEF)
1. Application form and Business plan
2. Affidavit from members or directors that they are aware of the contents of the application form
3. Three (3) year audited financials (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
4. Five (5) year financial projections (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and monthly Cash Flow Statement) with first year prepared on a monthly basis
5. Recent management accounts (Income Statement and Balance Sheet)
6. Personal Statements of Assets and Liabilities of all the members or directors including those of spouses if person is married in Community of Property
7. Business bank statements for the past twelve (12) months
8. Certified ID copies of all members or directors
9. Registration Documents and all the relevant legal documents relevant to the entity
10. Detailed profile of the Franchisor
11. Details of why the business is for sale
12. Sale Agreement
13. Franchise Agreement
14. Historical financials of other franchises that are similar in size and in similar locations
15. Indication from the Franchisor of how much a new Franchise in a similar location would cost
16. Indication of whether the lease agreement will be ceded to the new company after the sale or a new lease agreement will be signed If lease is ceded, how long will it still run for before renewal? New lease if it is a new franchise.
17. The prospective buyer must have been approved by the franchisor
18. Fica compliance – Proof of residence
19. Detailed CV of principle Applicant
• An Application Will Be Rejected If You Do Not Submit All The Documents As Per The Above List And Guidelines.
• Provide All Other Documents Relevant To Your Business Not Listed Above.
• Our Application Process Is Approximately 3 To 4 Months From The Receipt Of The Application Up To Disbursement Stage.
Head Office :
Gauteng Province :
187 Rivonia Road,
PO Box 31,
Melrose North 2076
Tel: +27 (11) 305 8000
Fax: +27 (11) 305 8001
Call Centre: 0861 843 633 | 0861 (THE NEF)
Email : applications AT nefcorp.co.za (Funding) | info AT nefcorp.co.za (General Enquiries)
Eastern Cape Province :
7b Derby Road, Berea,
East London 5241
Tel: (043) 783 4200 | 0861 NEF ECP (0861 633 327)
Fax: 0861 ECP NEF (0861 327 633)
Email : easterncape AT nefcorp.co.za
Free State Province :
34 Fountain Towers,
Corner Zastron and Markgraaf Street,
Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9300
Tel: (051) 407 6360 | 0861 NEF FSP (0861 633 377)
Fax: 0861 FSP NEF (0861 377 633)
Email : freestate AT nefcorp.co.za
KwaZulu-Natal Province :
Smart X – Change Building,
5 Walnut Road,
Tel: (031) 301 1960 | 0861 NEF KZN (0861 633 596)
Fax: 0861 KZN NEF (0861 596 633)
Email : kzn AT nefcorp.co.za