National Museum Bloemfontein Archaeology Internship Programme 2023 Is Open. The National Museum, Bloemfontein invites applications for the following position:
Table of Contents
INTERN ART MUSEUM GUIDES: OLIEWENHUIS ART MUSEUM
- Visual Art qualification or similar and / or currently studying towards one.
- Practical knowledge and / or experience of visual art and heritage would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate in English (speaking Sotho would be an advantage).
- A friendly, outgoing personality and the ability to speak comfortably in front of small and large groups of people and be able to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to physically accompany people and lead tours around the Museum.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and to do basic research on temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- An eager inquisitive individual that shows interest or experience in art education.
HOW TO APPLY
- Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process
- The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- The National Museum reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
- If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to [email protected], including a covering letter, the application form, a copy of your identification document, copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within 21 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Application forms available at: www.nasmus.co.za
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE INTERNSHIP ADVERT
Opportunity Closing Date: Saturday, 20 March, 2023 – 12:00.