N1 City Mall Chilli Eating Competition : n1citymall.co.za
Organization : N1 City Mall
Competition Name : Chilli Eating Competition
Applicable For : Open to Everyone
Competition Deadline : 27th May 2022
Prize : R25, 000
Website : https://n1citymall.co.za/
Terms & Conditions : https://www.sanotify.com/uploads/7949ChilliEating.pdf
Chilli Eating Competition :
How hot can you go?
** N1 City Malls Fourth Annual Chilli Eating Competition, in partnership with Pick n Pay, is back! On Saturday 27 May, between 11am to 1pm, things will get heated in the Food Court where competitors can stand the chance of winning their share of prizes valued at R25, 000 (including R10, 000 worth of shopping vouchers).
Related : N1 City Mall Egg-Straordinary Colouring Competition : www.sanotify.com/7053.html
** Registrations open at 9am. Entrants can choose to enter one of three categories – mild, hot or volcanic. Participation is free of charge however entrants will be invited to support charity organisation Rescue Among Many (RAM) with a donation.
** Entrants must be over the age of 18 and bring along proof of ID to the event.
** The category winners will be those that at 1pm, have eaten their chillis in the quickest amount of time.
Terms and Conditions :
1. By participating in the N1 City Mall Chilli Eating Competition, participants agree to the terms and conditions set out below. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a participant who does not comply with any of the terms and conditions of the competition.
2. The competition is open to everyone except the following people :
a) a director, member, partner, employee, tenant or agent of or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter as well as a supplier of goods or services in connection with competition; or
b) a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of a person contemplated in paragraph (a).
3. Participants must be over the age of 18 years to qualify for entry and provide proof of ID to verify this information.
4. This competition is run for N1 City Mall by advertising agency Word 4 Word Marketing.
5. Participants must register to enter on Saturday 27 May, in N1 City Malls Food Court, from 09:00 onwards. Registration remains open for the duration of the Competition or until all the slots are full.
6. The Competition commences on 27 May 2022 at 11:00 and closes on 27 May 2022 at 13:00.
7. Three categories are included in the competition – mild, hot and volcanic. The mild category’s chilli will consist of a jalapeno, which ranges from between 1, 000 to 8, 000 on the scoville scale. The hot category’s chillies will consist of a jalapeno and cayenne that range between 1, 000 to 50, 000 on the scoville scale. The volcanic category’s chillies will consist of a jalapeno and habanero that range between 1, 000 to 350, 000 on the scoville scale.
8. The winner of the Volcanic chilli category will gain a R5, 000 Pick n Pay voucher and R5, 000 Woolworths voucher. The Volcanic chilli category second place winner will gain a double bed set from The Bed Shop valued at R3, 999.
9. The winner of the Hot chilli category will gain a linen box and Persian rug from Mancini valued at R5, 300. The Hot chilli category second place winner will gain a blackwood coffee table from Ouhout Meubels valued at R3, 460.
10. The winner of the Mild chilli category will gain one male and one female gift set from Signature Cosmetics valued at R2, 000. Competition is free of charge.
11. Participants are welcome to provide a donation to RAM, however this will be at the participants discretion.
12. Participants in each category must consume their raw chilli’s in the quickest amount of time possible. Participants must completely bite, chew and eat all but the cap of their chillies before their time is stopped and recorded. A minimum of four chews per chilli bite must occur before swallowing.
13. The winner in each category will be the participant with the quickest recorded time as at 13h00 on Saturday 27 May 2022. Should more than one participant have the quickest recorded time, a random draw of these competitors (consisting of selecting a name out of a hat) will take place in order to determine one winner per category.