Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Biography, Age, Husband, Career & Net Worth. Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane (born 8 May 1978) is a South African politician who currently serves as the Minister of Tourism. She is also a Member of the National Assembly for the African National Congress (ANC).
She has previously served as the Minister of Energy in 2017, the Minister of Communications from 2017 to 2018 and the Minister of Science and Technology from 2018 to 2019.
Table of Contents
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Age
She was born on 8 May 1978 in Soweto, South Africa. Kubayi-Ngubane is 42 years old as of 2020.
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Early Life
Kubayi-Ngubane lived in a shack with her family while growing up. Her mother was a domestic worker and a strong African National Congress supporter.
At the age of 17, Kubayi-Ngubane fell pregnant and had to drop out of school to deliver her child.
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Education
In 1997, she matriculated from Thusa-Setjhaba Secondary School as the school’s top achiever. Kubayi-Ngubane went on to attend the Vista University’s Soweto campus and obtained a BA Degree in Psychology and Sociology in 2000.
She also holds a Project Management Diploma from Damelin and a master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Husband
She is married to Joel Sihle Ngubane. The couple tied the knot in September 2017. Kubayi-Ngubane has two beautiful children, the second was born few months after she married her husband.
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Career
Kubayi-Ngubane was first employed as a Community Developer in the non-governmental sector. She was soon employed at First National Bank as a Skills Development Specialist, and, later on, found employment in the Business Banking Division at Nedbank.
She soon worked in the public sector as a Skills Development Facilitator at the National Health Laboratory Services.
- Minister of Tourism at National Executive (Executive) since 29th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 22nd May 2019
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- 43rd Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2019 (Election List) from 23rd April 2019 until 8th May 2019
- Minister of Science and Technology at National Executive (Executive) from 26th February 2018 until 7th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (132): Mabopane (Constituency Office) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Minister of Communications at National Executive (Executive) from 17th October 2017 until 26th February 2018
- Minister of Energy at National Executive (Executive) from 30th March 2017 until 17th October 2017
- Chairperson at Portfolio Committee on Telecommunications and Postal Services (National Assembly Committees) from 24th June 2014 until 30th March 2017
- Member at Ad Hoc Committee on Police Minister’s Report on Nkandla (Ad Hoc Committees) from June 2015 until 6th August 2015
- Member-elect at National Assembly (Parliament) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 15th Candidate at African National Congress Regional Gauteng Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 6th May 2009 until 6th May 2014
- Member at Rules of the National Assembly (National Assembly Committees) until 6th May 2014
- Whip at National Assembly (Parliament) until 6th May 2014
- Member at Private Members’ Legislative Proposals and Special Petitions (National Assembly Committees) until 6th May 2014
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane Net Worth
Kubayi-Ngubane has an estimated net worth of $1 million which she has earned from her career.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: