40 x Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) Internships 2023 is Open. Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) invites unemployed youth to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme 2023.
- Internship Application Closing Date: 04 January 2023 @ 16:00
- Internship Location: Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, Mpumlanga, North-West and Western Cape
Ref No: EL INTERN 02/2020
Description: MISA hereby offers opportunities for internship programmes aimed at increasing the national pool of professional engineers, technologists, technicians and town planners towards enhancing municipal technical capacities.
This programme offers opportunities to learners who require between 12 – 24 months of practical work experience in order to complete their study programme as per the academic requirements in the following areas/disciplines. Applicants must be willing to be placed at a chosen municipality until the specified period. MISA does not guarantee employment to graduates owing to participation in the programme.
Eligibility: TVET College, University and University of Technology learners who still requires experiential learning in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering X 17
- Electrical Engineering X 22
- Town & Regional Planning X1
- Applicants must be unemployed willing and available for a minimumof 12 to 24 months workplace experience.
- Deployment within a host municipality. Applicants must be SouthAfrican citizens.
List of Host Municipalities
Eastern Cape Municipality: Amahlathi Local Municipality; Ngqushwa Local Municipality; Great Kei Local Municipality.
Free State Municipality: Letsemeng Local Municipality.
Gauteng Municipality: Sedibeng District Municipality; Emfuleni Local Municipality; Midvaal Local Municipality; West Rand District Municipality; Rand West City Local Municipality; Merafong City Local Municipality; Mogale City Local Municipality.
Mpumalanga Municipality: Thaba Chweu Local Municipality; Msukaligwa Local Municipality; Emakhazeni Local Municipality.
North West Municipality: JB Marks Local Municipality; Maquassi Hills Local Municipality; Moretele Local Municipality; Kgetlengrivier Local Municipality.
Western Cape Municipality: Laingsburg Local Municipality; Hessequa Local Municipality; Kannaland Local Municipality; Matzikama Local Municipality; Prince Albert Local Municipality.
APPLICATION CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS Applications must be submitted on the
MISA application form, accompanied by a covering letter, a comprehensive CV and certified copies of Identity document, and qualifications
All applications need to include the following:
- Release letter for Work Exposure from the institution on those learners who still needs Work Integrated Learning
- Completed qualification for those applicants who completed their qualifications but needed Work Exposure
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of the identity document
- Proof of Residential address
Applications without the above will not be considered.
MISA reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from MISA in 90 days after the closing date, it must be presumed that your application was unsuccessful. Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to
successful candidates only.
- Candidate will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications, employment, credit, criminal records, company ownership / directorship and reference checks
- Fax, post and hand delivered applications will not be accepted
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
- Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately be disqualified
- Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant. Enquiries: Ms Nobuhle Latha (012) 848 5529 or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu (012) 848 5562 No late applications will be accepted. MISA is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups.