Mafikizolo Biography, Age, Members, Albums, Songs & Awards
Mafikizolo is a South African Afro Pop group that was founded in Kagiso in the West Rand, located in Johannesburg in Gauteng province of South Africa in 1996.
The group consists of two members namely: Theo Kgosinkwe and Nhlanhla Nciza.
The group was actually made up of three members until Tebogo Benedict Madingoane was shot and killed in 2004. The group was first a girl band but none of them lasted and Nciza convinced Theo to be part of the group.
The current group members Theo Kgosinkwe and Nhlanhla Nciza got to know each other prior to the days of Mafikizolo when they were regular at a local talent show. In 1996 the group was signed by Kalawa Records.
In 1997 they released their album self-titled “Mafikizolo”, and in 1999 they released another which they titled “Music Revolution” and in 2000 they released their third studio album titled “Gate Crashers”. In some areas of the world, this music may not be available for download, luckily there are websites such as https://avoidcensorship.org/ to let people know how they can bypass this issue so they can enjoy this music no matter where they are.
Table of Contents
Theo Kgosinkwe was born on 15 August 1973 and is aged 45 years as of 2018 while Nhlanhla Nciza was born on 15 March 1978 and is aged 40 years as of 2018.
- 2004: South African Music Award for Best Duo/Group of the Year
- 2007: South African Music Award for Best Duo/Group of the Year
- 2014: Album of the Year, Reunited.
- 2014: Duo or Group of the Year
- 2014: Best Pop Album, Reunited.
- 2014: Best Collaboration, Mafikizolo Ft May D (Happiness)
- 2014: Best Selling Full-Track Download, South African Music Award, Khona.
- 2014: Best Selling Ring-Back-Tone, South African Music Award, Khona.
- 2014: Album of the Year during the South African Music Award, Reunited.
- 2014: Song of the Year during the MTV Africa Award, Khona.
- 2014: MTN Best Selling Mobile Music Download, Khona.
- 2014: MTV Africa Music Award for Best Group
- 2014: South African Music Award for Best Selling Total Download, Khona.
The group was originally a trio consisting of Theo Kgosinkwe, Nhlanhla Nciza, and Tebogo Madingoane.
Tebogo Madingoane ( Tebogo Benedict Madingoane) was killed in 2004 in the township of Soweto, Johannesburg after Madingoane allegedly had an altercation with another driver.
- 2013: Reunited
- 2009: The Journey The Hits
- 2006: Six Mabone
- 2005: Van Toeka Af
- 2003: Kwela
- 2002: Sibongile
- 2000: Gate Crashers
- 1999: Music Revolution
- 1997: Mafikizolo
- Ndihamba Nawe
- Loot (African Mix)
- Khona (feat. Uhuru)
- kwela Kwela
- Udakwa Njalo
- Nnete Ke Nnete
- Kuzophela Nini (Abuse)
- Gugo’ Thandayo
- Soka Lami
- Meet Me At the River
- Mafikizolo (Sgruva Njalo)
- Shorty George
- ingoma kabani?
- Vimba Kanjani
- The Journey
- Uyakwazi Ukwena (Iparty Ka Bani)
- Munt’ Omnyama
- Dlala Uzobona (Bhudiza)
- Udakwa Njalo (Urban Mix)
- Dlala Uzobona
- Saka Harabe Bone
- Khani Mjongeni
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: