Advertisements How to Lodge a Complaint : Department of Constitutional Development How to Lodge a Complaint : Department of Constitutional Development

Name of the Organization : Department of Justice and Constitutional Development


Type of Facility : How to lodge a complaint

Head Office : Pretoria


Justice How to Lodge a Complaint

** Against a service point/court/Master’s Office

** Against a lawyer/attorney through the relevant law society

** Against a prosecutor through the NPA.

Related : Department of Justice and Constitutional Development Apply for a Domestic Violence protection order :

** You can also call the NPA Hotline 0800 21 25 80, operated by an independent organization, available 24 hours a day. Anonymous calls accepted.

** Against a member of the South African Police Service through their website or via the Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID)

** Against a Sheriff through the South African Board for Sheriffs

** Against a Magistrate through the Magistrates Commission

** Against a Judge through the Judicial Service Commission


** Legal Aid South Africa’s Self-Help Guide to Obtaining a Decree of Divorce.

** This guide is designed to assist you in obtaining a decree of divorce in a Regional Court in South Africa.

** It gives general information only and doesn’t take the place of legal advice. Obviously, it also cannot provide specific advice about your divorce only a lawyer can do that (and help you to protect all of your rights).

** Follow this link fot the “Obtaining a Decree of Divorce” flow chart.

Getting married

** The solemnisation and registration of civil marriages, customary marriages and civil unions are managed by the Department of Home Affairs.

** Civil marriages are governed by the Marriage Act and regulations issued in terms of the Act.

See also  Somerset Mall Valentine’s Day Competition 2022 :

** South Africa also recognizes customary marriages through the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act, which became effective in November 2000.

** Civil unions are recognised in terms of the Civil Union Act (2006).

Contact Address

National Office

Momentum Center,

329 Pretorius Street,



Click to Comment

Leave a Reply


I need help with…