IED requires the services of 10 graduate fieldworkers for a period of 2 months to be based in Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria. Fieldworkers should be fluent in any or several of the languages which are listed below.
Fieldwork Youth Employment Opportunity At HSRC
- Minimum of a relevant Undergraduate Qualification
- Preferably a graduate but basic qualification together with experience will be acceptable.
- At least three years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative fieldwork experience: (undertaking surveys, focus groups and key informant interviews)
- Fluency in English, as well as in at least one of the following local languages is essential: isiZulu, isiXhosa, Tshivenda, isiNdebele, siSwati, Afrikaans; Xitsonga and Sesotho.
- Proven prior experience with digital data collection methods
- Prior fieldwork experience with HSRC is an added advantage;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks as per requirement how to work across different socio-economic development themes;
- High personal motivation and self-management,
- Articulate and tactful communications skills;
- Access to own laptop will be added advantage;
- Availability for work between 01 September and 31 October 2021.
- Only applications with South African Identity can apply.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, administrative and problem solving skills;
- The capacity to work under pressure;
- Intellectual and personal integrity, a well-developed work ethic, and drive
HOW TO APPLY
- a one-page letter of motivation indicating your suitability for the position;
- your CV, that must include your citizenship; and
- the details of three recent referees relevant to undertaking research fieldwork with telephone, fax or e-mail contact details.
Opportunity Closing Date: Thursday, 19 August, 2021 – 12:00
Share this post with your Friends: