We are thrilled to notify you that the German Bundestag 2024 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2024 German Bundestag. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Applications for the German Bundestag Scholarship Program 2024 are now open. Every January, the German Bundestag invites politically and socially committed university graduates from South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to participate in a scholarship programme in Berlin.
From the programme year 2024, committed young people from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda who are interested in the German parliamentary system and are actively committed to basic democratic values in their home countries will also be able to participate. In a four-week compact programme, up to 16 scholarship holders can get to know the German parliamentary system and political decision-making processes in the German Bundestag at close quarters.
The program takes place annually from January 1 to January 31. The core of the program is a one-week internship in the office of a member of the German Bundestag. For this purpose, knowledge about parliamentary democracy as well as the working methods and function of parliament is imparted in a compact preparation.
In addition, the topics of a plural society, the protection of minorities and the culture of remembrance are addressed as a political mission. A workshop on project management is intended to help develop one’s own project ideas with the aim of promoting democracy and civil society in the respective countries of origin.
- The scholarship program is aimed at committed, open-minded, resilient and politically interested young professionals from Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda who want to actively and responsibly shape the democratic future of their countries.
- Be younger than 30 years at the start of the scholarship on January 1.
- Completed university studies.
- Good knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Strong interest in political contexts as well as social/political commitment.
Application for German Bundestag
Your application should be submitted in German and contain the following scanned documents:
- Application form
- Passport photo (insert in the application form on the 1st page);
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years;
- Letter of motivation in German with your handwritten signature (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy ID;
- Certificate of completion from the university in the original or as an officially certified copy in English or German. The original or the officially certified copy of the original must be presented at a possible selection interview.
- an up-to-date letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university lecturer or employer assessing the applicant’s professional qualifications for the program).
Send the complete online application documents in a PDF document whose file name consists of your last name and first name (i.e. “last name-first name”) by e-mail to the German diplomatic mission in your home country.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
German Bundestag Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on
Deadline: July 15, 2023
Visit the Official Webpage of the German Bundestag 2024