Advertisements Track & Trace Your Status : Department of Home Affairs Track & Trace Your Status : Department of Home Affairs

Organisation : Department of Home Affairs (DHA)


Service Name : Track & Trace Your Status

Country : South Africa


DHA Track & Trace Your Status

South Africa Department of Home Affairs, Track & Trace Your Status Service.

Related / Similar Service :

VFS Track Your Application

DHA Civil Union/Partnership Marriages Conducting Offices List

Available Services

You can track,

** Verify Living Status

** Verify Marital Status

** Verify Duplicate ID

** Verify your ID Application Status

** Verify your Passport Application Status

** Verify Permit Application Status

How To Track Status?

Just follow the simple steps mentioned below to check the Application Status.


Step-1 : Go to the link

Step-2 : Status Links are available under “Track & Trace your Status”. Click on the link which you want.

Step-3 : Enter the required details to know your application status.

Alternatively you can call the call centre at 0800 60 11 90

Verifying Your Marital Status:

Due to the large number of fraudulent marriages reported to the Department of Home Affairs every year, a facility has been created for you to check your marital status at any time. You will need your South African ID number in order to use this facility.

You can also sms the letter M followed by your ID number (example: M 5001010050080) to 32551 A reply sms will be sent back to your cellphone to confirm your marital status and the date of your marriage. (R1 per sms and will be charged by your network service provider).

See also Makro Credit Card Spend & Win Competition : Standard Bank of South Africa

Marriage Certificates:

Two witnesses and the marriage officer must sign the marriage register after the solemnisation of a marriage. Then the marriage officer must issue the parties with a handwritten marriage certificate (BI-27) free of charge.

The marriage officer must then submit the marriage register to the nearest office of the Department of Home Affairs, where the marriage details will be recorded in the National Population Register (NPR).

Consent to the marriage of a minor:

If you are or your partner is a minor (younger than 18 years) in the care of either your respective parents or a legal guardian, only the parents’/guardian’s written consent (Form DHA-32) is necessary for you to obtain a marriage certificate.

If a parent whose consent is legally required but either cannot be found to grant consent, or is legally incompetent to do so, then an application may be made to a Commissioner of Child Welfare for consent to the marriage.

If your parents and/or a Commissioner of Child Welfare refuse to grant consent for your marriage, you may then apply to a judge of the High Court for consent. The judge will not grant consent unless there is sufficient evidence that the marriage is in the interest of the minor and that prior consent has been unreasonably refused.

In addition to getting consent from the parents or guardian, boys under the age of 18 and girls under the age of 16 may also be required to seek the consent of the Minister of Home Affairs. The Minister may, on application, condone a marriage which required his/her consent but was contracted without such consent.

See also : How to report a fire


Department of Home Affairs Toll Free Hotline: 0800 60 11 90


Click to Comment

Leave a Reply


I need help with…