The Department of Basic Education is calling on all unemployed youth to apply for teaching assistant and general school assistant vacancies.
In a statement issued on Monday morning, the department announced that it is looking to recruit 287 000 young people.
The department is looking to provide 287 000, (+/- 192 000) Education assistants and +/- 95 000 General School Assistants) employment and training opportunities as part of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) – Basic Education Employment Initiative, which forms part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus seeking to mitigate the devastating economic challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Candidates are required to be between the age of 18 and 35 and must not be in education and training and not receiving any form of government grant. Additionally, selected candidates will receive training on various skills meant to equip them for future employment.
Department of Basic Education Applications for Teacher Assistant Jobs 2022
Upon being selected, they will be placed in schools for five months from 1 November 2022 to 31 March 2022 for the positions listed below:
- Teaching Assistant – Curriculum
- Teaching Assistant – ICT/eCadres
- Teaching Assistant – Reading Champions
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Handyman (No matric required)
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (No matric required)
Furthermore, in order to meet the requirements as an Education Assistant, candidates must have passed matric English. An NQF Level 4, 6 and 7 qualification certificate will be an advantage.
To apply, candidates should visit sayouth.mobi, create a profile and submit their application. Walk-ins will not be allowed in schools due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Candidates are urged to prepare the following documents when applying:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Testimonials (former school, local chief, church leader, etc)
- Police clearance certificates
- Affidavit /Declaration by the applicant stating that he/she has no criminal record while awaiting the police clearance
- Certified qualifications such as Matric,(where applicable: NQF Level 4 qualification, for Education Assistant applicants with NQF level 6 and 7 an added advantage)
- Certified copy of Identity Document/ Passport
Applications will close on 03 October 2022.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: