See the updated Debora Patta Salary, Biography, Age, Career, Net Worth 2022 according to Forbes. We may also throw in extras like Debora Patta Instagram, Spouse, Twitter, News, and more.
Let get started with a brief introduction.
Table of Contents
- 1 Debora Patta – Biography, Age, Career, Salary & Net Worth
- 2 Debora Patta Age
- 3 Debora Patta Husband and Children
- 4 Debora Patta Career
- 5 Debora Patta Awards
- 6 Debora Patta Publications
- 7 Debora Patta Contact Details
- 8 Debora Patta Twitter
- 9 Debora Patta Salary
- 10 Debora Patta Instagram
Debora Patta – Biography, Age, Career, Salary & Net Worth
- Name: Debora Patta
- Occupation: Journalist
- Date of Birth: 13 July 1964
- Nationality: South African
- Net Worth: An estimated net worth of $200,000
Debora Patta (born 13 July 1964) is a South African broadcast journalist and television producer investigative journalist.
Patta is the Africa correspondent for the American news program The CBS Evening News.
She has been with CBS since 2013, following her departure from the long-running investigative and current affairs show, 3rd Degree with Debora Patta. Born in Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and has origins from Calabria, Italy.
Her father is an Italian, he migrated to Zimbabwe as a railway employee. Patta moved to South Africa with her mother, a nurse, and devout Catholic, and her sister in 1976 after her parents divorced.
She attended Rustenburg School for Girls in the Rondebosch suburb of Cape Town, where she matriculated in 1981.
In 1984, she obtained a Bachelor of Social Science from the University of Cape Town. she briefly taught aerobics while at university.
Her elder daughter Chiara Mzizi has worked as a presenter for YoTV, a youth entertainment show broadcast by SABC 1.
Debora Patta Age
Patta was born on the 13th of July 1964 in Southern Rhodesia. She is 57 years old as of 2021 and celebrates her birthday on July 13th every year.
Debora Patta Husband and Children
Debora Patta is currently married to a businessman Lance Levitas. She got married to him in 2003, prior to that, she was the wife of Mweli Mzizi, a black filmmaker and Zulu prince.
They got married in January 1996 and got divorced in 2002. She has two children, one from each marriage.
Debora Patta Career
Patta worked as a political activist teaching literacy in Cape Town’s squatter camps until 1990 after finishing her university education. After that, she started working as a freelance reporter for the BBC.
In 1990, Patta joined Radio 702 in Johannesburg. she walked her way to news editor in and special assignments editor in 1994 and 1997 respectively. some of the notable things she did in her radio career are highlighted below:
- She worked on that was aired on Radio 702 was about the return of ANC leader Oliver Tambo from exile in December 1990. (Her first News story)
- In 1997 and 1998 she investigated and reported on the 1986 plane crash in which Mozambican President Samora Machel was killed while working as a news and special assignments editor for Radio 702 and its sister station Cape Talk
- In June 1998 she participated in a post-apartheid Truth and Reconciliation Commission special hearing, providing expert opinion and assisting with questioning regarding the 1987 Helderberg plane crash and the Machel plane crash.
She started her Tv career at the first privately owned free-to-air television station in South Africa; e.tv. in 1998 (from inception).
She started as a senior correspondent in Johannesburg and was subsequently appointed chief anchor of e.tv news. below are some of her highlights at e.tv
- She has reported on major international stories such as the September 11 attacks and the death of Princess Diana and has interviewed many notable individuals including Shimon Peres, Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela, Thabo Mbeki, Jacob Zuma, Cyril Ramaphosa, Julius Malema, Eugène Terre’Blanch, and Robert McBride.
- She played a key role in the launch of South Africa’s first 24-hour news channel eNews Channel Africa (eNCA) by e.tv in 2008.
She became the editor-in-chief of e.tv news in 2005 and later resigned in 2009 to pursue her passion as to follow her passion for journalism” and focus on 3rd Degree.
It was announced by e.tv and eNCA On 7 May 2013, that Debora Patta had resigned “to pursue other interests as a freelancer for international news companies”.
Following her departure from e.tv, she began working as a foreign correspondent for CBS News. Patta has however been described as “arrogant”, “insensitive”, “aggressive” and “ruthless”.
Debora Patta Awards
Patta has won several awards:
- 1992 South African Checkers Journalist of the Year
- 2004 Vodacom Journalist of the Year Gauteng Region
- 2004 MTN 10 Most Remarkable Women in Media
- 2007 Simonsvlei Journalist Achiever of the Year
- 2009 Vodacom Women in the Media
- 2010 CEO Magazine South Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government
- 2010 She received a Tricolor Globe Award from the Italian Women in the World association which recognizes outstanding achievers of Italian origin abroad.
- 2015 She was part of the CBS News team nominated to receive an Emmy Award for their coverage of the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.
Debora Patta Publications
- Baby Micaela
- : the inside story of South Africa’s most famous abduction case. Co-authored by Anne Maggs and Debora Patta. Sandton: Zebra Press, 1996. ISBN 9781868700493.
- One step behind Mandela: the story of Rory Steyn, Nelson Mandela’s chief bodyguard. Co-authored by Rory Steyn and Debora Patta. Rivonia: Zebra Press, 2000. ISBN 9781868722693
Debora Patta Contact Details
Email: [email protected]
Debora Patta Twitter
Debora Patta Salary
Many people want to see Debora Patta Salary structure. But we can’t find this information available online. Therefore Debora Patta Salary is currently unknown, but you can still calculate from the net worth above if it’s really important to you.
Debora Patta Instagram
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the net worth, salary, and other information on this page are 100% correct. We strive to keep it up-to-date, but things can change without prior notice.
If you’re a fan of Debora Patta, drop ♥️♥️♥️ in the comment below.
If you have any questions or updates, comment below. Don’t forget to Share this Post.
Share this post with your Friends: