City of Tshwane Municipality Municipality invites applicants to apply for Internship Programme 2023/2024.
- Internship Application Closing Date: 13 November 2023
- Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Stipend: The annual all-inclusive salary will be R11 000,00 per month.
The City of Tshwane wishes to invite suitably qualified students to join its financial management internship programme.
Applicants must —
- be in possession A a relevant three-year tertiary qualification (a bachelor’s degree, national diploma or equivalent qualification) with majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Risk Management, Auditing or related study fields,
- be a South African citizen:
- be between the ages of 21 and 35,
- have no criminal record and/or a clear credit report,
- be goal-driven and an inherent learn player;
- be passionate about public service; and
- not previously have participated in any other internship programme.
The Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high-quality training and practical exposure related to all aspects of a municipal budget and treasury office, and is governed by the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management AA, 2003 (AA 56 of 2003) and the underlying reforms.
The programme presents a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university and technikon training. It ends with a qualification in Municipal Finan. Management in line with the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels published in Government Gazette 29967 of 15 June 2007.
The intern must sign an employment contract and an internship agreement. The agreement ensures commitment to the programme which requires, among others, full participation in educational and workplace assignments, and observance of the policies and procedures of the City of Tshwane.
How to apply
Individuals who meet the qualifying criteria must submit a cover letter that clearly states the position they are applying for, and provide a copy of their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic qualifications. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original copies of their academic qualifications on the day of the interview.
HAND IN YOUR APPLICATION AT THE FOLLOWING VENUE:
Physical Address: Region 3 One-Stop Centre, (1st Floor, Bothongo Plaza West. 271 Francis Beard Street, Pretoria Central)
Correspondence will be entered into ONLY with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a notification regarding your application within one month of the closing date, kindly assume that your application has been unsuccessful. The City reserves the right not to make any appointments.
For further information, contact Thabang Moloi on 012 358 8052.
CLOSING DATE: 13 November 2023 at 12:00