City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022.
- Bursary Application closing date is 02 November 2021
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfill its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognised FET and / or HET.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
Criteria for selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one yea.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year.
How to apply
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and Qualifications and proof of income.
Enquiries: (011) 407 6979 (Billy Baloyi)