City of Johannesburg Internships 2023 is open. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2023 City of Johannesburg Internship Programme.
This article covers the City of Johannesburg Internships 2023 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
- Internship Provider: City of Johannesburg
- Location: All South Africa
- Application Mode: Online Application Form
- Salary: Salary packages will be in accordance with remuneration policies.
Table of Contents
City of Johannesburg Internships 2023
An internship is an opportunity offered by an employer to potential employees, called interns, to work at a firm for a fixed period of time.
To qualify for the internship, you must possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the City of Johannesburg, City of Johannesburg Internship 2023.
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the
growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure,
as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the
acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
• This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community
for a period not exceeding 18 months
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified
Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Transport Department has the following Internship opportunities
available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months:
BRANCH: Infrastructure & Safety
DESIGNATION: Internship: Infrastructure & Safety
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a 2nd-year student) : R3 500.00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: 75 Helen Joseph Street, Old Mutual Building,
• B Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, or Quantity Surveying;
• No experience required;
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Conducting verifications of accumulative construction quantities and construction
quality management and control verifications. Project administration through initiating
and maintaining records and files of project information and knowledge, i.e. minutes,
reports, drawings, and invoices/payment certificates. Attending site technical meetings
and recording minutes to update the department. Scrutinise tender documents and
tender drawings of processes at both design and construction phases. Attend both in-
house and external training.
Maintain an updated internship logbook and get periodic approvals of
training and acquired experience. Compile payment certificates and
facilitate processing with the Transport Finance Unit. Compile and maintain project
financial records to monitor expenditure and budgets of appointed service providers.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Monitor construction quantities and quality through site visits;
• Filing and record keeping of project information and knowledge;
• Monitor expenditure and budget of appointed project service providers;
• Update training and experience internship logbook.
• Computer literacy (MS Office applications) and email.
• Language proficiency (reading and writing) in English and excellent written, verbal, and
listening communication skills;
• Problem analysis and problem-solving;
• Ability to work with numbers.
Contact Person: Rutana de Klerk
Tel No: (011) 032 6625
How to Apply for City of Johannesburg Internship
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Click here to apply for city of johannesburg internships
The City of Johannesburg (City of Johannesburg) Internship Closing Date is [deadline]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.