City of Cape Town Bursary 2022 Online Application Latest Update. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 City of Cape Town Bursary Programme.
This article covers the City of Cape Town Bursaries 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
Bursary Provider: City of Cape Town
Location: All South Africa
Application Mode: Online Application Form or Application is done Offline
City of Cape Town Bursary Programme 2022
A bursary or grant is a means of non-repayable monetary support designed to assist students who meet specific financial eligibility criteria. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
To qualify for the Bursary, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the City of Cape Town, City of Cape Town Bursary 2022.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town, for studies within these scarce skills fields
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Contract Management
- Data Science/ Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (various disciplines)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology
- Legal (various fields)
- Municipal Finance Management Act Minimum Competence qualification
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Project Management
- Public Accountability
- Renewable Energy
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical training/ qualification in Electricity/ Energy/ Refrigeration/ Electronic/ Process Control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors and Architecture
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the scarce skills areas listed above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or TVET College)
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary awards or financial assistance (including NSFAS)
How to Apply for City of Cape Town Bursary
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form 2022/ 2023 (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at one of the City libraries or Walk-in Centres listed below.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy) (not older than 3 months)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric June 2022 results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution, if currently in Matric (on institutions letterhead)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Awards or certificates won, if applicable
- Recommendation letter from a teacher/ mentor/ peer, if applicable
- 2 contactable references (with their contact details)
- Proof of work completed in your chosen field of study, if applicable
- Proof of residence (not older than 3 months)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of government grant if applicable) (not older than 3 months) (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “City of Cape Town Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
– Deliver to a Walk-in Centre:
- Bellville Municipal Office Walk-in Centre: Reed Street, Bellville, 7530
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre: Cnr Paradys and Old Paarl Roads, Brackenfell, 7560
- Cape Town Civic Centre Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, 2nd Floor Podium (Cash office & MVR), 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town, 8000
- Parow Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow, 7500
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre: Municipal Office/ MVR, Cnr Victoria and Main Roads, Plumstead, 7140
- Strand Walk-in Centre: Ground Floor, Municipal Office/ MVR Office, Cnr Fagan and Main Roads, Strand, 7140
Then follow the instructions on the page to apply for an available position.
The City of Cape Town (City of Cape Town) Bursary Closing Date is [deadline]
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.