Blade Nzimande Biography, Age, Wife, Career & Net Worth.
Blade Nzimande (born 14 April 1958) is a South African politician who serves as the Minister of Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology. He is also a sociologist, university lecturer and anti-apartheid activist.
Nzimande has previously served as the Minister of Transport and Minister of Higher Education and Training. His full name is Bonginkosi Emmanuel Nzimande.
Table of Contents
Blade Nzimande Age
He was born on 14 April 1958 in Edendale near Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Nzimande is 62 years old as of 2020.
Blade Nzimande Education
He attended the Roman Catholic School, Henryville, Plessiers Lower Primary School and then Mthethomusha School in Edendale. Nzimande matriculated in 1975 at Georgetown High, Edendale. He obtained a Psychology Honours degree at the University of Natal in 1980, a master’s degree in Industrial Psychology in 1981, and a PhD from the same university in the field of Sociology.
In 1976 Nzimande enrolled at the University of Zululand to study for a BA degree in Public Administration and Psychology. He became involved in student activity, including a food boycott and demonstrations against the award of an honorary doctorate to Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi in May 1976. Nzimande returned to university in 1977 and completed his degree in 1979.
Blade Nzimande Wife
He is married to Phumelele Ntombela-Nzimande, an executive at SABC group.
Blade Nzimande Career
In 1982 Nzimande undertook his internship in Industrial Psychology in the personnel department of Tongaat Hulett Sugar Ltd. There he met Jay Naidoo and began working informally with unions, addressing union seminars on job grading and other issues. He resigned his job in 1984.
Nzimande was then offered a post as a lecturer at the Umlazi branch of the University of Zululand where he founded the Department of Industrial Psychology on that campus. At the same time, he became increasingly involved with the trade unions and served on the editorial board of the South African Labour Bulletin in 1986. He also continued to assist with trade unions seminars teaching the history of trade unionism.
Nzimande lectured until June 1987 and then joined the University of Natal, Durban to lecture in the Psychology Department.
- Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology at National Executive (Executive) since 29th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 22nd May 2019
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- 15th Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2019 (Election List) from 23rd April 2019 until 8th May 2019
- Minister of Transport at National Executive (Executive) from 26th February 2018 until 7th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member at Portfolio Committee on Energy (National Assembly Committees) from 30th October 2017 until 26th February 2018
- Minister of Higher Education and Training at National Executive (Executive) from 26th May 2014 until 17th October 2017
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (329): Seshego (Constituency Office) from 21st May 2014 until December 2014
- Member-elect at National Assembly (Parliament) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 7th Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (803): Moses Mabhida Regional Office (Constituency Office) from 10th May 2014 until 6th May 2014
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 6th May 2009 until 6th May 2014
- Minister of Higher Education and Training at National Executive (Executive) until 24th April 2014.
Blade Nzimande Net Worth
Nzimande has an estimated net worth of $1 million which he has earned from his successful career.
- 012 312 5530
- 021 469 5172
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: