Unisa has opened their online registrations for 2022 studies. Be sure to secure your spot and register as soon as possible.
Unisa has taken the leap due to Covid-19 and moved their registrations for 2022 online. Due to the rise in infections and the second wave, this is definitely a good move for Unisa and other Universities to make.
Students will only be allowed to come to the offices if they have serious registration issues. They will then need to complete a Covid-19 health check on the Covid-19 health check app before visiting the offices.
Returning students will be required to use the booking app to book an appointment before visiting a Unisa office.
Undergraduate Qualifications (Higher Certificates, Diplomas & Degrees, Advanced Certificates, Advanced Diplomas, BTechs & Postgraduate Certificates)
- Semester modules: 5 January – 12 February 2022
- Year modules: 5 January – 11 March 2022
Master's And Doctoral
- 5 January – 31 March 2022 (some exceptions apply)
How To Register Online
- Go to the Unisa registration website: https://registration.unisa.ac.za/info/
- Choose the qualification level and then click “Go”.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (If you do not have a student number you won’t be able to continue. You'll need to apply online(link is external) for admission. During this process, a student number will be generated and communicated to you.)
- Check your personal details on the screen. Change any contact details that are incorrect or missing. (Incorrect information may delay the delivery of your study material and prevent you from receiving important information from the university. Therefore it is important to provide your correct address and cellphone numbers.)
- Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to register. Ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements for your selected modules. You must:
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- The language of tuition for each module is stated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as this may result in a delay in your registration being processed. Unisa retains the right to remove modules based on the number of credits allowed per semester and in accordance with the fees paid. (Please take note of the maximum period of time(link is external) you have to complete your qualification.)
- Calculate your fees
- You can use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote (link is external)) to obtain a quote for the cost of all your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment (link is external).
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch(link is external). Hold onto the proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
The Service Centre is available for phone calls on 080 000 1870 or via e-mail at for any assistance you need.