The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internships 2023 is open. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants for the 2023 The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internship Programme.
This article covers the The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internships 2023 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, requirements, closing date, and more.
- Internship Provider: The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Location: All South Africa
- Application Mode: Email Application Method or Online Application Form or Application is done Offline
- Salary: R300,108 per annum.
The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internships 2023
An internship is an opportunity offered by an employer to potential employees, called interns, to work at a firm for a fixed period of time.
To qualify for the internship, you must possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internship 2023.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering an opportunity for junior veterinarians to gain advanced experience in either Small Animal Medicine, Small Animal Surgery or Diagnostic Imaging in a one-year structured, non-degree programme. By joining our intern programme, you will have an excellent opportunity to work alongside our specialists and highly skilled teams at the cutting edge of veterinary medicine. For candidates looking towards specialisations, the intern programme offers unique exposure to the specialist environment under which the MMedVet degree is completed. So, if you are looking to further your knowledge and skills in a specialist facility with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss the opportunity and apply today.
Two internship posts available for either:
- Small Animal Medicine, or
- Small Animal Surgery, or
- Diagnostic Imaging.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Provide a clinical service with associated administrative responsibilities within the specific discipline of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH) under the mentorship of Faculty Specialists,
- Participate in after-hours work (weekdays and week-ends) and/or community clinical activities on a rotational basis for exposure in community, trauma and emergency medicine at the OVAH and/or satellite facilities;
- Participate in the clinical training of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students, including supervision of clinical procedures as part of offering clinical services;
- Have an opportunity to participate in clinical rounds and other research activities as an introduction to the research requirements of the MMedVet programme; and
- Participate in an intern mentorship programme, designed to support non-clinical development as a prospective specialist.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise; and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availablility.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
How to Apply for The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internship
Click the link below to apply and submit an online application form for this opportunity:
- Job content enquires:
- Dr Vanessa McClure (Small animal medicine) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Gerhard Steenkamp (Small animal surgery) email@example.com
- Dr Nicolene Hoepner (Diagnostic imaging) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other enquiries: Ms Bernice Nyathela (HR) email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE: The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science Internship
The The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science (The University of Pretoria Faculty of Veterinary Science) Internship Closing Date is 25 May 2023
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.