Sanlam Actuarial Bursaries: Calling All Matriculants 2021 is Open. Part of Sanlam commitment to their trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study Actuarial Science in 2022.
Sanlam Bursary Calling All Matriculants
We are Wealthsmiths™. For 100 years we have been in the business of planning futures – it is more than our job, it is our trade. Our attitude is one of proper dedication to doing what we do exceptionally well.
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study Actuarial Science in 2022.
Who are we looking for
If you are a South African citizen, whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What do we offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (Books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require?
- Academic results :
- Final 2020 Grade 11 results
- Grade 12 mid-year 2021 results
- NBT results
- Final grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?\
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How do you apply?
Please apply on-line and attach the following documentation:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated,
- Certified copy of your ID,
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results,
- Motivation to support your application.
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
Please note that all applications need to be completed online.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
Opportunity Closing Date: Saturday, 31 July, 2021 – 12:00.
Share this post with your Friends: