Want to check your JAMB Admission Status 2022/2023 or Past Years? Check whether you have been offered admission to your preferred university/polytechnic/college/other tertiary institution via the JAMB portal.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has made it flexible for candidates to access information on the efacility portal. But still, navigation may be challenging for some non-techie candidates. Therefore I have put this post together to help you in the process.
You can access your JAMB Admission Status FREE using your Phone and PC.
Keep in Mind: You can still track your admission status on JAMB Portal if your institution of choice is yet to release the admission list on it Portal or School Notice Board.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status
To access your admission status, you must have an active JAMB account. If you don’t have one (especially candidates from 2016 downward), you need to create one. It’s Free.
I assume you do have your JAMB Profile login details ready. Now let's proceed to the admission status-checking process in simple steps:
- Goto the JAMB E-facility portal at https://jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Login to your Jamb profile by entering your username and password in the required fields.
- After successfully logging in, on the next page, scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button.
- Select your Exam year (e.g 2022) and Enter your JAMB registration number in the required field.
- Finally, click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your admission status.
Below is the list of responses you will get from JAMB and their meaning:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: you can now proceed to ACCEPT or Reject the admission offer.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS: this means you have been recommended for admission and only undergoing processing. With admission in progress, consider yourself admitted. Just keep checking back and see the notification change to congratulations you have been admitted.
- NOT ADMITTED: this response simply means you are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site to see if any changes occur.
What to Do if Admitted
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission. See How to Reject/Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS.
- After accepting the admission. Print your JAMB Admission letter, as it will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- In case you are offered a course different from the one you initially applied for. You can apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal
JAMB Admission Status shows ‘Not Yet Admitted’?
Not Yet admitted? Take note of the following:
1. Verify your O’level result upload on JAMB CAPS.
Verify whether your O ’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not, as failure to upload your O’level result can affect your JAMB admission status.
Candidates who used ‘awaiting result’ during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission. To avoid disqualification, direct-entry candidates, including JUPEB students, should also upload their A’level and O’level results. This is to enable the screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission.
See How to Upload your O'Level Result.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer to another program.
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions have the right to consider some candidates for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the instructions a-c above, then click the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another program. You are required to either accept or reject this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first-choice institution will be able to admit you to the new program. If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Program. The program transfer will not be affected.
Schools in Nigeria And how to check their Admission Status
|1.||How to check UNICAL admission status|
|2.||How to check FUOYE admission status|
|3.||How to check KWASU admission status|
|4.||How to check COOU admission status|
|5.||How to check FUTMINNA admission status|
|6.||How to check LASU admission status|
|7.||How to check UNILAG admission status|
|8.||How to check UNILORIN admission status|
|9.||How to check UNIUYO admission status|
|10.||How to check OAU admission status|
|11.||How to check ABSU admission status|
|12.||How to check IMSU admission status|
|13.||How to check FUNAI admission status|
|14.||How to check ABU admission status|
|15.||How to check IMSU admission status|
|16.||How to check OOU admission status|
|17.||How to check AAU admission status|
|18.||How to check UNIMED admission status|
|19.||How to check IAUE admission status|
|20.||How to check KSU admission status|
|21.||How to check UNIBEN admission status|
|22.||How to check UI admission status|
|23.||How to check UNIZIK admission status|
|24.||How to check UDUSOK admission status|
|25.||How to check DELSU admission status|
|26.||How to check UNIOSUN admission status|
|27.||How to check LAUTECH admission status|
|28.||How to check BUK admission status|
|29.||How to check EKSU admission status|
|30.||How to check AAU admission status|
|31.||How to check UNIPORT admission status|
|32.||How to check UNN admission status|
|33.||How to check UNIOSUN admission status|